Hey there, Made From Pinterest readers! Are you enjoying pumpkin season? We are so into the pumpkin groove over at Tastes of Lizzy T’s. We’ve enjoyed one of our absolute favorite pumpkin pies, our new pumpkin cakes, and this week shared our classic Simply Pumpkin Bread. This is truly our favorite time of year! Earlier […]
Archives for October 2013
We’re so excited to finally share all of the pictures and details of our fabulous Mary Poppins blogger party! If you’ll recall, we had a giveaway where 10 blog readers and a guest were invited to attend a fun party at Toni’s home (Design Dazzle), hosted by 12 Utah bloggers. We had an amazing day […]
I just got home from the Pinners Conference and Expo in Sandy, Utah. Deb and I presented “Family Memories Through Cooking & Crafting with Your Kids”. We shared 20 crafts and recipe ideas you can make with your kids. Whew! We had to talk pretty fast to get through all of them in our 1 […]
My niece loves the show DC Cupcakes. So when her family came for a visit, we waited in line for hours to get our chance to enter the store. It was actually worth it. It was so fun to visit (pack into!) this iconic (tiny) store, pick out what we wanted and then take our […]
Helloooooo Made From Pinterest fans! I’m so excited to be sharing again with you! I love this time of year. Fall is my favorite time of year and we have the fun holidays coming up that we can make so many yummy things.
I saw this fun cake recipe on TasteofHome, but it called for a marble cake box mix. For the life of me, I could NOT find a pre-made marble cake mix, so I came up with my own and it turned out so yummy!
The cake mix is incredibly moist and features a chocolate buttery frosting that this trick-or-treater delight will keep you coming back for more!
- 1 box white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cocoa powder, to taste
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12-15 candy pumpkins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F for metal or glass pans, or 325 F for dark or coated pans. Grease sides and bottom of a 9 x 13-inch cake pan. Flour lightly. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to boxed directions. Divide cake batter into two separate bowls. In one bowl, add cocoa powder and with an electric mixer, mix until smooth and creamy.
- Evenly spread the white cake batter on the bottom of the pan. Next, take the chocolate cake batter and spoon onto top of white batter. With a knife, swirl the batter back and forth.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and cool completely.
- Pour gelatin in a small bowl and add boiling water. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in ice cold water to the mix.
- With a wooden skewer or meat fork, poke holes in the cake about 2 inches apart. Slowly pour the gelatin over the cake. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before frosting.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, cocoa, milk, and vanilla and beat on low and slowly increase to high speed until frosting is smooth and creamy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Top with candy pumpkins
Thank you Debbie, Sherri, and Tracy for letting me invade your awesome space today!
You can also find me on the Web at:
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other recipes at Bakerette:
Every now and then I see something on Pinterest that makes me laugh out loud because it is so stinkin’ fun! This is one of them. I am not talking about a chuckle. I am talking throw your head back and HaHaHa from the belly. Wouldn’t this be a great family competition to see who […]
When I first became a mom, I imagined myself being the cool neighborhood mom. The house with the coolest stuff, the best homemade food, throwing the best birthday parties, doing the most fun crafts. Reality set in pretty quick. But we three moms here at MadeFromPinterest are still pretty dedicated to making cool memories with […]