Do you have words that you always say? Words that maybe your family teases you about because they hear them on a daily basis?
I certainly do and here are mine:
Which is exactly how I would describe these Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls pinned from Budget Bytes! Easy Peasy!
One of the things that I love most about crockpot dishes is that you get to smell dinner cooking all day long. And with the garlic in this dish, my family was loitering around the crockpot for quite a while, just waiting for it to be dinner time.
This recipe is in the classic style of crockpot cooking which is to just dump all of the ingredients into your crockpot and let it cook! Can’t get any easier than that!
Here is a look at the dish before the cheese was added:
And then another look at the finished product. I think maybe I should describe this as Easy, Peasy, Cheesy, Cheesy!
I am happy to report that these Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls do not Stink and are Easy Peasy to make. Seriously.
This Pin Rocks!
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar Salsa
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- Combine chicken, salsa, black beans, frozen corn, garlic and taco seasoning into your crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. You may add some water if a thinner consistency is desired.
- When mixture has been cooked, take a fork to shred the chicken. The chicken should be extremely tender and shred easily.
- To assemble the bowls, layer the cooked rice then the chicken mixture. Top with grated cheese and chopped cilantro.
We’re sharing this recipe at: Lambert’s Lately, What’s Cooking Love?, Life With the Crust Cut Off, Thrifty Thursday, Made in a Day, Craftberry Bush, The Pin Junkie, The 36th Avenue, Whipperberry, Tatertots & Jello, Chef in Training, Hun..What’s For Dinner?, Inside BruCrew Life