Have you ever started a project that has led you to more unexpected projects? About a month ago I decided it was time to clean out my closet. I started by going through my clothes first. I was so inspired by the results that I decided to go through my jewelry next. After sorting and organizing my jewelry, I realized I hadn’t worn any silver in a long time because most of it need to be cleaned. The necklace below is one of my favorite necklaces because my husband bought it for me when we were on vacation on the British Virgin Islands.
I’d procrastinated cleaning it because I thought it would take too long and I would get to it later. Now I was looking at a pile of jewelry that needed cleaning. I needed a Magic Silver Cleaner! A quick trip on Pinterest led me to this pin from Pretty Gossip, and her no scrubbing jewelry cleaner was just the answer I was looking for.
- flat pan covered in foil with the shiny side up
- boiling water: 1 cup
- vinegar: 1/2 cup
- baking soda: 1 tablespoon
- salt: 1 tablespoon
- Line your pan with foil (shiny side up).
- Place jewelry in the foil lined pan.
- In a separate pan or bowl mix 1 cup boiling water, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon baking soda. Stir until the salt and baking soda dissolve.
- Pour mixture over jewelry.
- Slowly pour the vinegar in the pan, let it sit for 5 to 15 minutes. Watch the bubbles do all the work for you.
- Rinse with water and dry. Have fun wearing your beautiful clean jewelry!
My necklace was the first piece of jewelry I cleaned. The next time I placed several pieces of jewelry in the pan, making sure they didn’t touch each other and repeated the process. It worked perfect and I was done with my pile of jewelry in no time. My husband was thrilled to see me wearing the necklace he had bought from our British Virgin Island vacation! Even my husband agrees………
This Pin Rocks!
Just a Girl and Her Blog, Living Well Spending Less,
The Answer is Chocolate, This Silly Girl’s Life,
Home Stories A to Z, Inside BruCrew Life, The NY Melrose Family