The New England Patriots got their starting quarterback into the lineup again last week, and the results were instant. Tom Brady had a big day, but of course, he was going up against one of the worst teams in football; perhaps even THE worst. This week there is likely to be a different kind of challenge, as his club squares off against the Cincinnati Bengals in NFL betting action that begins at 1 PM ET at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough. VietBet customers have the opportunity to place wagers on this game as it is actually happening, as they take advantage of the software that is available through Live Betting Ultra.
Bengals vs Patriots – NFL Betting Line:
In the betting odds posted on this game by the people at VietBet, the Patriots big favorites at home:
New England Patriots -9
Cincinnati Bengals +9
Over 47 points -110
Under 47 points -110
Join Vietbet NOW for online Bengals vs Patriots Odds! Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
Bengals vs Patriots Betting Trends:
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cincinnati’s last 16 games
- The Bengals are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
- The Bengals are 1-4-2 ATS in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games on the road
- The Bengals are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- The Bengals are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing New England
- The Bengals are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing New England
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games when playing New England
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games when playing on the road against New England
- The Bengals are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against New England
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games
- The Patriots are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The Patriots are 22-3 SU in their last 25 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New England’s last 7 games when playing Cincinnati
- The Patriots are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
- The Patriots are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games when playing Cincinnati
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- The Patriots are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
Falcons vs Broncos – CJ’s Take:
Brady had 406 passing yards, most of them in the first half, as New England got off to a big lead and then breezed to a 33-13 victory over the Browns. In the process, the defense did the job as well, holding Cleveland to just 27 yards rushing. Moving the ball on the ground is something the Bengals are working on, as it is a potential strength. But they can’t go through too many experiences like they did last Sunday, when they spotted the Dallas Cowboys a 28-0 lead and pretty much laid down in the first half of the ball game.
These teams last met two seasons ago, at a point where New England was left for dead by many so-called NFL “experts.” Coming off a humiliating loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, the Patriots romped to a 43-17 victory, then went on to win the Super Bowl.
Cincinnati gets to play Cleveland next week, and that might be a much-needed victory for them. But coming into this game with a record of 2-3, the Bengals are not going to get any “quarter” from a newly-energized New England offense that now finally has the threat of one of history’s best quarterbacks throwing to a highly-effective two-tight end set. Rob Gronkowski had seven receptions last week, and he was joined by Martellus Bennett, an off-season acquisition who caught two touchdown passes.
Between these two players, they had 176 yards in catches, and it seems Brady now has one more short-range outlet to go to in Chris Hogan, with whom he connected with four times for 114 yards. As VietBet customers might recall, this is when Brady was at his record-setting best; when he was able to negotiate the two-tight end formation and work the short passing game, which is almost impossible to stop when executed correctly. Plus, there is little doubt that the Patriots and Brady are playing with a little chip on their shoulders because of the perceived injustice involved in the Deflategate penalty, which kept the future Hall of Famer out for the first four games.
Cincinnati, as mentioned, looked like it didn’t even show up last week, but that can’t be the case here. Most of what they were able to gain was garbage, but what has been demonstrated is that Brandon Lafell, who was part of this New England offense last season, has been a pretty good pickup. He caught two touchdown passes from Andy Dalton and is more than a satisfactory complement to superstar receiver AJ Green on the other side. Of course, New England has some shutdown cornerbacks, so Dalton, who was sacked four more times last week (now 17 times for the season), might have difficulty making quick decisions.
Next up for both teams:
- The Bengals host Cleveland Sunday, October 23rd
- The Pats visit Pittsburgh Sunday, October 23rd
By Charles Jay
If you are a VietBet customer, you are going to have a lot of major advantages, including great free play bonuses, reduced juice wagering and the opportunity to place bets during the game itself…… Also, when you are ready to open up an account, you can do it in a number of different ways, including your Visa card, person-to-person transfers and the virtual currency of Bitcoin!
Click here to read our review of the Vietbet online sportsbook.