Manchester United of the English Premier League will be visiting the Estadio Municipal de Balaidos in Spain this Thursday, May 4th where they’ll take on Celta Vigo of the Spanish La Liga in the first leg of their Europa League semifinal. Man United reached the final four after beating Anderlecht of Belgium 2-1 on aggregate in extra time in the quarterfinals while Celta Vigo downed Genk of Belgium 4-3. The second leg of this tie will take place at Old Trafford in Manchester on Thursday, May 11th.
Europa League Semifinal Betting Line – Celta Vigo vs Manchester United:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the 90-minute game at 13/8 with Celta Vigo 17/10 and a draw at 11/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Celta Vigo vs Manchester United – Head to Head:
- This is the first time the two clubs will be meeting in a competitive game.
Celta Vigo – A Closer Look:
Celta Vigo finished in second place in Group G in the first stage of the tournament with nine points from two wins, three draws, and a loss. They scored 10 goals and allowed seven against. They enter the game in 11th place in the 20-team Spanish League with 44 points from 13 wins, five draws and 15 losses while scoring 49 goals and conceding 54. They trail first-place Barcelona and Real Madrid by 37 points and their only chance of reaching the Champions League next season is to win this year’s Europa League.
Celta Vigo has faced English opposition just nine times in the past with a decent record of five wins and four losses. They have two wins and two losses at home against English clubs with three victories and two defeats on their trips to England. This is their first appearance in a European semifinal. Celta Vigo is unbeaten in their past five European home contests with four wins and a draw. They enter Thursday’s match following their third straight loss in the Spanish league, a 3-0 defeat to Athletic Bilbao on the weekend. It’s also their fifth loss in the last six games in the domestic league.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United closed out the group stage of this year’s tournament as runners-up in Group A with 12 points from four victories and a pair of defeats with 12 goals scored and four conceded. United is currently undefeated in their past eight European outings with six wins and two draws. The Europa League is the only European competition Man United hasn’t won as of yet. They reached the final eight in 1984/85 and were ousted in a penalty shootout by Videoton. Man United is still in fifth place in the English Premier League with 17 wins, 14 draws and three defeats.
They’ve scored 65 goals and allowed just 37 against. They last played on Sunday when they drew 1-1 at home with Swansea City at Old Trafford. United is now 16 points behind the league leaders Chelsea and is still trying to climb into the top four to earn a spot in next season’s Champions League tournament. Or like Celta Vigo, they could qualify for the Champions League by winning this season’s Europa League. United currently trails fourth-place Manchester City by just one point and is undefeated in their past 25 Premier League contests with 13 wins and 12 draws.
Man United has played Spanish opponents 47 times in the past with a record of 12 wins, 19 draws and 16 losses. They have nine wins, nine draws and four losses at home with just two wins in Spain along with 10 draws and 10 defeats. They also have a win and two losses on neutral grounds. United has faced Spanish teams three times before in European semifinals and won two of them. They also have two wins, two draws and two losses away from home in Europe this season, but are missing striker and top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the remainder of the campaign due to injury.
Europa League Semifinal Celta Vigo vs Manchester United – Takeaway:
- United may have to win the Europa League to make the Champions League next season, so they’ll be pumped up for this series. However, they need to get a point or at least a goal in Spain since they struggle at home at Old Trafford.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.
- Premier League Odds and Previews.