It really is fall where I live. I would definitely call 39 degrees a fall weather temperature. And this recipe that I am sharing today is definitely fall comfort food. However….
I am not at home at the moment but in Hawaii! Yep. Hubby had some business here and so I got to tag along. I actually got a sunburn today. Yeah. I know. I’ll stop.
So last night we went out to an Italian restaurant and every time we eat Italian, my husband ALWAYS orders the same thing.
It is Chicken Parmigiana. He loves it.
So when I pinned this pin for Chicken Parmigiana Casserole from Rachel Schultz I knew immediately that I wanted to make it for the hubster. I was really excited that it was in a casserole form and that I didn’t have to pound and pound a chicken breast to the thinness of regular chicken parmigiana. Indeed, this was much easier! Perfect for those nights when you need something quick. Maybe for our anniversary, I’ll make him the real thing, but don’t tell him because he’ll hold me to it!
My darling man loved this and it will be in our dinner rotation for the winter. I hope that you enjoy it too as we usher in the comfort food season!
That is. AFTER we get back from Hawaii. Aloha!
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed OR 1 package of Costco's Grilled Chicken Breast Strips cut into cubes (this is what I used)
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, 24 oz.
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 cups panko
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your cooked pasta into a 9x13 baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over pasta.
- Lay your cubed chicken on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of panko crumbs over chicken.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over pasta.
- Top with mozzarella, panko, and parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Uncover for the last five minutes.