The Dallas Cowboys head east this weekend to Wisconsin where they’ll clash with the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday, October 16th. The Cowboys are performing well without Tony Romo at quarterback as rookie Dak Prescott has impressed during his absence due to injury. The Cowboys sit on top of the NFC East at 4-1 after reeling off four straight victories. Green Bay sports a 3-1 record and is in second spot in the AFC North following their 23-16 win at home against the New York Giants last week.
Dallas Cowboys vs Green Bay Packers – bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- bet365 lists the Packers at -4 points at -110 with the Cowboys +4 points at -110, the over/under is 47.5 points with both listed at -110
Dallas Cowboys vs Green Bay Packers Betting Trends:
- Team record: 4-1 SU,4-0-1 ATS
- Current Streak: won 4 straight games
- Dallas is 6-13 SU in its last 19 games
- Dallas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Dallas is 4-0-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Dallas’s last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Dallas’s last 7 games on the road
- Dallas is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games on the road
- Dallas is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Green Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Dallas’s last 6 games when playing Green Bay
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Dallas’s last 18 games when playing Green Bay
- Dallas is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Green Bay
- Dallas is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Dallas’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
- Dallas is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
Green Bay Packers:
- Team record: 3-1 SU, 1-2-1 ATS
- Current Streak: won 3 straight games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Green Bay’s last 19 games
- Green Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Green Bay is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Green Bay’s last 8 games at home
- Green Bay is 16-3 SU in its last 19 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Green Bay’s last 18 games when playing Dallas
- Green Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 6 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games when playing at home against Dallas
- Green Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Dallas
Dallas Cowboys – A Closer Look:
Quarterback Dak Prescott has done a great job filling in for Tony Romo and hasn’t been picked off once this season while throwing four touchdown passes and running in for two TDs himself. Prescott has started four games and averages 248 yards in the air per outing. Prescott also owns the rookie record for consecutive passes without an interception at 135. He’s been getting a lot of help from fellow rookie Ezekiel Elliott as the young running back has five touchdowns and leads the league with 546 rushing yards heading into the weekend.
Dallas racks up a league-best 155.2 yards per game on the ground on average, but will be facing a Green Bay team which concedes a league-low 42.8 yards against on the ground each week Elliott and his teammates may have a tough time running this weekend so Prescott will perhaps want to focus on an aerial attack to succeed. He has some fine receivers to target in Cole Beasley, Jason Witten and Terrance Williams as they all have over 200 receiving yards so far, but just two touchdowns between them. The Green Bat defense struggles against the pass though and is ranked 24th in the league in that department. Dallas is 5-5 both straight up and ATS on their past 10 road trips.
Green Bay Packers – A Closer Look:
The Green Bay defense was solid in their 23-16 win over the Giants last Monday night by holding their opponents to 219 yards and sacking quarterback Eli Manning three times. Manning was held to a lone touchdown pass and 199 yards in the air. The Packers offense wasn’t at its best though with several drops and errors. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers tossed a pair of touchdown passes and 249 yards, but was also picked off twice as well.
The running game was Green Bay’s key as the rushed for 147 yards while receivers Davante Adams and Jordy Nelson each registered a touchdown catch. Receiver Randall Cobb also had a good game as he caught nine of the 11 passes that came his way from Rodgers and totaled his season-best 108 yards. The Packers are facing the league’s best rushing team in Dallas, but they’re the best in the league at defending the run. Green Bay is 7-3 straight up in their past 10 home encounters and 5-4-1 ATS.
Next up for both teams:
- Dallas home to Philadelphia Sunday, October 30
- Green Bay home to Chicago Thursday, October 20
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.
by Ian S. Palmer