The Popcorn Secret That No One is Telling You
- ½ cup popcorn - Orville Redenbacher Original is our favorite
- 2 Tablespoons oil - peanut, vegetable, coconut, canola - whatever your preference
- 2 Tablespoons butter - the real stuff
- Morton's Popcorn Salt
- Put oil and butter in a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat until oil is heated and butter is melted.
- Add popcorn and cover with a lid, leaving an opening for steam. I use an oversized lid so the steam can escape, but the pot is covered.
- As the kernels begin to pop shake the pan slightly. When the popping slows down, remove from heat. I let mine sit for a bit in case there are any kernels that are still popping.
- I pour a third of the popcorn into the bowl, salt to taste, and then repeat with the remaining popcorn.
Recipe by Made From Pinterest at https://madefrompinterest.net/popcorn-secret-no-one-telling-you/