Low-Carb Chipotle Chicken Chowder
Author: Marye Audet
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6 servings
- ½ pound bacon
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, minced to a mash
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, optional
- Saute the bacon until it is crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken and saute until it is golden on all sides..
- Add the chicken stock, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper -- simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the cream and chipotles and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with the bacon and cilantro if desired.
You can use turkey, or chicken thighs in place of chicken breast.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 625 Fat: 42.9 Carbohydrates: 7.1/net 4.4 Sugar: 2.1 Sodium: 2471 Fiber: 2.7 Protein: 52.4 Cholesterol: 221
Recipe by Made From Pinterest at https://madefrompinterest.net/low-carb-chipotle-chicken-chowder/