Author: Kathy Penney for Made From Pinterest
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1 dozen muffins
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¼ cup sour cream
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Then add in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and the one teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture starting and ending with the flour.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each tin with the muffin batter leaving about 1-1½ inches from the top to give room for the muffins to rise.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Using either your hands or a sieve sprinkle the cinnamon sugar liberally over each muffin.
- Bake approximately 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool, carefully remove from the muffin tins, and serve.
Recipe by Made From Pinterest at https://madefrompinterest.net/snickerdoodle-muffins/