The biggest match in round 31 of the English Premier League will be taking place this Wednesday, April 5th in London where league-leading Chelsea will be hosting fourth-place Manchester City at Stamford Bridge. Both teams dropped points on the weekend as Chelsea was beaten 2-1 at home by lowly Crystal Palace in a London derby and Manchester City was held to a 2-2 draw by Arsenal in London.
Chelsea vs Manchester City – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as the favorites to win the game at 11/8 with Man City 19/10 and a draw at 12/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs Manchester City – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met in league action on December 3rd with Chelsea winning 3-1 in Manchester. They also met twice last season and once in the FA Cup. Man City won both their home and away fixture 3-0 in league play while Chelsea thumped them 5-1 in the FA Cup in February, 2016. Chelsea has won just two of the last seven meetings along with three losses and two draws. Each team has four wins, four losses and two draws in the past 10 encounters while Man City has eight wins, four losses and three draws in the past 15 meetings. The teams have met 156 times in the past with Chelsea winning 65, losing 52 and drawing the other 39.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Even though they dropped all three points to Crystal Palace on the weekend, Chelsea still sits in first place in the Premier League with 69 points from 22 wins, three draws and four defeats losses with 60 goals scored and 23 against. The Blues still have an excellent home record as well with 12 wins and two losses while scoring 37 times and conceding only 10. Chelsea has seven wins in their past 11 league outings along with two draws and two losses with 22 goals for and 12 against.
Chelsea’s lead over second-place Tottenham Hotspur was reduced to seven points and they’re 10 ahead of third-place Liverpool with a game in hand. The Blues enter the game 11 points in front of Man City, are 16 ahead of Manchester United and 18 points in front of sixth-place Arsenal with United and Arsenal having a game in hand on them. Chelsea’s loss on Saturday was their first in their past 13 games in all competitions and just their third defeat since October 26th. Manager Antonio Conte has a relatively healthy squad to choose from as the only player in question for Wednesday is midfielder Victor Moses.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Manchester City blew a chance to gain three points on Chelsea with their second straight draw last weekend. They enter the contest in fourth place with 58 points from 17 wins, seven draws and five losses. They have 56 goals for and 32 against. They’re 11 points behind Chelsea, four back of second-place Tottenham and one point behind Liverpool with a game in hand. On the bright side, they have a five-point lead on Man United and an eight-point bulge on Arsenal, but both those teams have a game in hand on City.
Man City has managed five wins, four draws and two defeats in their past 11 league outings with 17 goals scored and 12 conceded. Away from home, City has 10 wins, a draw and four losses while scoring 32 times and conceding 18. Manager Pep Guardiola also has a pretty healthy squad to choose from as forward Gabriel Jesus and midfielder Ilkay Gundogan are the only two players named on the injury list, but they’re sidelined with long-term injuries.
Chelsea vs Manchester City – Takeaway:
City has dropped four points in the last two games and failed to gain much ground when Chelsea lost to Crystal Palace. This really is a must-win situation for Man City if they have any hope whatsoever of catching the Blues. It’s realistically their last chance.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.