Borussia Dortmund of the German Bundesliga will be hosting French Ligue 1 leaders Monaco in the first match of their two-legged European Champions League tie at BVB Stadion this Tuesday, April 11th. The return contest takes place in Monaco on Wednesday, April 19th. Monaco advanced to the quarterfinals after losing 5-3 away to Manchester City of the English Premier League and then winning 3-1 at home to win on the away-goals rule. Dortmund advanced by beating Benfica of Portugal 4-1 on aggregate.
Borussia Dortmund vs Monaco – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Dortmund as the favorites to win the game at 8/13 with Monaco 4/1 and a draw at 10/3.
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Borussia Dortmund vs Monaco – Head to Head:
- This is the first time the two teams will be meeting in a competitive game. Both teams are aiming to reach the semifinals of the Champions League for the fourth time.
Borussia Dortmund – A Closer Look:
Dortmund is a one-time winner of the Champions League and is in the quarterfinals for the third time this decade. The team has played in seven previous European quarterfinals with a record of 5-2. They entered last weekend’s German Bundesliga games in fourth place in the standings with 50 points from 14 wins, eight draws and five losses with 58 goals for and 28 against. They trailed league-leading Bayern Munich by 15 points, but were just five behind second-place Leipzig.
Dortmund went undefeated in the group stage of the Champions League with four wins and a pair of draws for 14 points with 21 goals scored and nine allowed. Both draws came against Real Madrid and they topped Group F. Dortmund has played French opposition 16 times in the past with six wins, five losses and five draws while scoring 19 goals and allowing 20 against. They have four of those wins at home along with a loss and three draws. The German side has lost only one of their past 12 European games at home with nine wins and a pair of draws.
AS Monaco – A Closer Look:
Monaco entered last weekend’s French league games in first place with a slim three-point lead on Paris Saint Germain and a four-point bulge on Nice. They had 71 points from 22 wins, five draws and three losses with a league-high 87 goals for and 26 against. Monaco won Group E in the Champions League group stage with three wins, two draws and a loss for 11 points while scoring nine goals and conceding seven. Monaco is in the Champions League quarterfinals for the second time in the past three years. It’s their fifth European quarterfinal overall and they’re 2-2 up to now.
Monaco has five wins and a draw at home in European competition this season. They’ve met German Bundesliga opposition 16 times in the past with a record of seven wins, four losses and five draws with 23 goals scored and 17 allowed. Monaco has been pretty successful on their visits to Germany with four wins, two defeats and three draws. The club has also faced German opposition once on a neutral ground and lost.
Borussia Dortmund vs Monaco – Takeaway:
- Monaco could probably still do well in this tie with a draw in Germany or a close loss if they can score an away goal.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.