Leicester City and Liverpool wrap up the weekend’s English Premier League action when they meet at King Power Stadium in Leicester in a crucial contest this Monday, February 27th. Leicester came out on the wrong end of a 2-1 decision to Sevilla in a European Champions League round-of-16 match in Spain on Wednesday while Liverpool beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 at home at Anfield in Premier League action in their last game on February 11th. The latest news out of Leicester on February 23rd was the sacking of manager Claudio Ranieri.
Leicester City vs Liverpool – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Liverpool as the favorites to win the game at 4/7 with Leicester 9/2 and a draw at 3/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Leicester City vs Liverpool – Head to Head:
- These two teams last met on September 10th in the Premier League with Liverpool winning 4-1 at home at Anfield. They met twice in league action last season with Liverpool winning 1-0 at home and Leicester taking the return match 2-0 at home. The clubs have met 105 times in the past with Liverpool winning 44 losing 37 and drawing the other 24. Leicester has won just two of the last 10 meetings with two draws and five losses. However, Liverpool has won just seven of the past 18 games.
Leicester City – A Closer Look:
Leicester is struggling this season in the English Premier League and could be the first team to win the title one year and be relegated the next. They enter the weekend in 17th place in the 20-team Premier League with just 21 points out of a possible 75 after 25 games. They have five wins, six draws and 14 losses with 24 goals for and 43 against.
The Foxes were just one point ahead of 18th-place Hull City and the league’s the relegation zone and have been shutout in their past six Premier League contests. Leicester has just one win in their past 10 Premier League games along with two draws and seven defeats while scoring just three goals and conceding 17. They haven’t been too bad at home though, with all five wins coming at King Power along with three draws and four losses with 16 goals both for and against.
Former manager Claudio Ranieri wasn’t able to blame his side’s lack of success on injuries this season and to his credit, nor did he attempt to. The team is relatively healthy heading into Monday’s game as defender Molla Wague and forward Leonardo Ulloa are the only two players on the injury list and both of them are questionable.
Liverpool – A Closer Look:
Liverpool’s Premier League title hopes are hanging by a thread at the moment even after their big 2-0 home win over Tottenham. The Reds enter the 26th round of action in fifth place, 11 points behind league leaders Chelsea. They’re also three points behind second-place Manchester City, one back of third and fourth-place Tottenham and Arsenal and just one point in front of sixth-place Manchester United.
Liverpool has 49 points on the season from 14 wins, seven draws and four defeats with a shared league-best 54 goals for and 30 against. The club has only two wins in its past 11 games in all competitions along with five losses and four draws. However, they’ve been beaten just six times in their past 30 contests in all competitions. The Reds have six wins, four draws and three losses away from home this season with 23 goals scored and 19 allowed.
In their past 10 league games, Liverpool has five wins, three draws and a pair of losses with 17 goals scored and 10 allowed. Manager Jurgen Klopp has a several injury problems to deal with as defender Dejan Lovren, midfielder Lucas Leiva and injury-prone Daniel Sturridge are all questionable. In addition, goalkeeper Adam Bogdan and forward Danny Ings are both out for the rest of the season and midfielder Marko Grujic is still listed as day to day.
Leicester City vs Liverpool – Takeaway
This is a huge three points for both teams as Liverpool needs them to challenge for both the title and a top-four spot while Leicester needs them to stay above the relegation zone. However, Leicester may be satisfied with even a draw here.
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.