If Leicester City isn’t careful they’ll be the first Premier League club to win the title one season and be relegated the next year. They’ll be hosting hard-to-beat Manchester United team this Sunday, February 5th at King Power Stadium as they attempt to change their fortunes. Leicester was beaten 1-0 away at Burnley in league action on Tuesday while Man United was held to a 0-0 draw by Hull City at home at Old Trafford the next night.
Leicester City vs Manchester United – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the game at -7/10 with Leicester 9/2 and a draw at +14/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Leicester City vs Manchester United – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met in September with Man United winning 4-1 at home at Old Trafford in a Premier League match. They also met in the Community Shield at Wembley in August 7th with Man United winning 2-1. They played twice in league action last season with both games ending in 1-1 draws. Overall, these two sides have met 123 times with United winning 62, losing 33 and drawing the other 28. Leicester has won just one of the past 17 contests with 13 defeats and three draws. They’ve also won just two of the past 23 encounters. Leicester’s last win was 5-3 at home in September of 2014.
Leicester City – A Closer Look:
Leicester has sunk down the standings like the proverbial lead balloon this season after pulling off the shock of the century last campaign when they captured the league crown. They enter the match in 16th-place in the 20-team and are level on 21 points with both Middlesbrough and Swansea City. Leicester sits sandwiched between those two teams in the standings due to their goal difference and their just two points ahead of 18th-place Crystal Palace and the relegation zone.|
Leicester has just 21 points out of a possible 69 so far this season after 23 games on five wins, six draws and 12 losses. They’ve scored 24 times and allowed 38 goals against. Leicester has earned all of their wins at home this season as they have five victories, three draws and three defeats at King Power Stadium with 16 goals for and 13 against. In the last 10 league matches, they have
two wins, two draws and six losses with eight goals scored and 16 conceded.
The good news for manager Claudio Ranieri is the fact that forward Leonardo Ulloa is the only member of the squad on the injury list and he could possibly be ready to play on Sunday. Ranieri did some work during the January transfer window as he acquired Wilfred Ndidi from KRC Genk and Molla Wague from Granada. He also sold Jeffrey Schlupp to Crystal Palace and sent Harvey Barnes, Matty James and Callum Elder out on loan to Barnsley. He also sold Luis Hernandez to Malaga.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is on a 14-game unbeaten streak in the Premier League, but the problem is they’ve won just seven of those games and drawn the other seven. They still occupy sixth position in the Premier League after 23 outings contests with 42 points from 11 wins, nine draws and three defeats. They’ve scored 33 goals and allowed 21 against. United won their first three league games this campaign and now have eight wins in their last 20 league contests. They have drawn three in a row now after winning six straight.
Still, United is now unbeaten in their past 18 outings overall and has 16 wins in their past 28 games in all competitions. These 18 matches consist of 13 wins and five draws. They’ve also drawn nine of their past 17 league matches. United has wins, three draws and two losses away from home in league play this season with 16 goals for and 12 against. They still trail league-leading Chelsea by 14 points and are five behind both Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal and three points back of both fourth-place Liverpool and Manchester City.
Manager Jose Mourinho appears to have relatively healthy team to choose from as James Wilson is the only definite player on the injury list and is likely to miss the remainder of the season. Defender Phil Jones is questionable and Eric Bailly is away at the African Cup of Nations. United recalled Joel Pereira from his loan spell at Belenenses during the January transfer window while Sam Johnstone and Joe Riley were sent out on loan. Morgan Schneiderlin was sold to Everton, Memphis Depay to Lyon and Sean Goss to Queens Park Rangers.
Leicester City vs Manchester United – Takeaway:
Man United has drawn far too many games this season, throwing away a pair of points at a time. They’re not going to finish in the top four and earn a spot in the European Champions League unless they start winning some games, especially against teams below them in the standings. On the other side of the coin, Leicester will probably be happy if they get a point on Sunday.
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.