These layered salted caramel brownies are super chocolaty, extra gooey, and pure heaven. Be still my heart!
It’s Jen from Bakerette.com and, as usual, I’m excited to be back at MFP to bring you a recipe that I think you will drool over! Are you ready for these amazingly chocolaty and gooey salted caramel brownies?!
Did you know brownies are a health food? No, really, they are….if you count mental health…and I definitely count mental health! I find that brownies are my reward for putting up with kids, and, well, just about anything in this life! LOL.
This brownie recipe is made with a homemade caramel sauce that is out of this world! Don’t cheat and use a store-bought caramel; you’ll risk the caramel making these brownies too sweet. Trust me.
If you’re looking for a truly rewarding brownie recipe that’s over the top, these salted caramel brownies are it!
Thanks MFP for allowing me to play in your space once again! Have a wonderful September and I’ll see you next month!
Jeni Scott, Sole Proprietor, Bakerette.com
Connect With Me:
Bakerette.com | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | StumbleUpon
If you like this recipe, you might like these other fall recipes at Bakerette.com:
Thee Best Salted Caramel BrowniesPrep timeCook timeTotal timeAuthor: Bakerette.comRecipe type: DessertCuisine: AmericanServes: 12IngredientsFor Brownie
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
For Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
For Salted Caramel Layer
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup homemade salted caramel (above)
- 2 tablespoons flourInstructionsBrownie
- Prepare an 11x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a double broiler* melt butter and chocolate; stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and salt. Whip in eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Beat in flour a little at time until mixture is glossy (about 1 minute). Set aside.Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- On medium low heat, mix together sugar and water until sugar has dissolved. If any crystals remain, use a wet brush to remove. Increase heat to high and occasionally swirl the mixture in the pot using the handle to keep it moving until mixture begins to bubble. Do not stir. Continue cooking and swirling for approximately 5-7 minutes until it resembles a medium amber color. Add butter and cream. The mixture will broil rapidly. Whisk to combine. Add salt and stir to combine. Remove from heat.Salted Caramel Layer
- Mix together all ingredients until well combined.Assembly
- Divide brownie batter in half and set one portion aside and pour remaining batter into prepared baking dish.
- Reserve ¾ cup salted caramel; set aside. Pour remaining salted caramel on top of brownie mixture. Next, layer remaining brownie batter on top of caramel. Lastly, drizzle the ¾ cup caramel to the top of brownie and using a skewer or knife, softly swirl it through brownie in circular motions creating a pattern on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven or until brownie begins to pull away from the sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath by filling a large pan or kitchen sink with ice cubes and water until about ¾-inch deep. When the brownies are done, remove from oven and place in water bath allowing the brownies to cool completely before removing. (Yes, this really does help the brownie.)
- Enjoy!Notes*You can make your own double broiler by placing a bowl over simmering water3.2.2807
Recipe adapted from Bakers Royale