When my kids hear the word “lasagna” they are expecting rich red tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, meat and yummy pasta. I’ve seen several white chicken lasagna recipes floating around Pinterest and wanted to give one a try. This is the pin that finally caught my attention . The pin is from Rachelle at Mommy I’m Hungry. Her recipe uses Ranch Dressing and my kids LOVE ranch dressing! I LOVE ranch dressing, especially Deb’s Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe. If you haven’t tried it yet now is the time!
You can cook the chicken yourself or save time and use a Rotisserie chicken instead. After the sauce is cooked you layer your noodles, sauce and chicken in your casserole dish.
The kids were skeptical when I brought out this strange looking lasagna dish but skepticism quickly turned into a hearty appetite. It’s hard to find a new recipe that everyone likes. Like all lasagna’s, it tasted even better the next day warmed up, making for perfect leftovers.
Soccer and Lacrosse season have started at our house, which means our schedule gets pretty crazy with practices and games. Next time I make White Chicken Lasagna I’m going to freeze it in individual portions so I can have a good dinner ready in minutes!
With results like this, I have to say that……
This Pin Rocks!
We would love to have you follow us!
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (1 oz) pkg. Any Gluten Free Dry Ranch Salad Dressing (not the dip blend)
- 3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken (about 2 large chicken breasts)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2-3 C. uncooked gluten free penne or lasagna pasta
- 1 C cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 Gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Green onions
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish. Cook pasta until about 2 minutes under regular cook time (probably about 5-6 minutes). Drain, add to prepared dish.
- Combine evaporated milk, Ranch dressing and pepper in a 3 quart heavy saucepan. Bring it just to a boil then lower heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Sauce will thicken slightly.
- Layer pasta, chicken, sauce, and cheese into dish. Bake uncovered at 350′ for 25 minutes or until hot golden brown and bubbly. Remove lasagna from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs on lasagna, return to oven and brown the bread crumbs for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup green onions before serving.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
More recipes to try at Made From Pinterest!