Tottenham Hotspur is at home for the second consecutive weekend as they host Burnley FC at Wembley Stadium in London this Sunday, August 27th in the English Premier league. Spurs came out on the wrong end of a 2-1 decision to neighbors Chelsea a last weekend in a London derby between last season’s top two teams while Burnley was edged 1-0 at home by West Bromwich Albion.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as favorites to win the game at 2/9 with Burnley 12/1 and a draw at 19/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley Odds – History Head to Head:
- The teams met twice in league action in 2016/17 with Tottenham winning 2-1 at home and 2-0 away. Spurs are unbeaten in the past six meetings with four victories and two draws. Burnley has two wins in the past 10 games. The clubs have met 110 times in the past with Tottenham winning 44, losing 40 and drawing the other 26.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Spurs downed Newcastle 2-0 away in their season-opener before falling 2-1 to the reigning league champions Chelsea last Sunday. With three points and three goals for and two against, Tottenham sits in 10th place on the table with Ben Davies and Dele Alli both having a goal under their belts. Spurs have four wins and a pair of defeats in their past half dozen competitive contests dating back to the 2016/17 campaign.
Tottenham finished as runners up in the premier league last year due to an unbeaten record at home with 17 wins and two draws and the fact they lost the fewest games in the division at four. They also led the league offensively and defensively with 86 goals for and just 26 against. However, things could be different this season with their home games being played at Wembley, a stadium where they struggle. Manager Mauricio Pochettino seems to have a relatively healthy squad to choose from as defender Danny Rose and forward Erik Lamela are the only layers expected to miss the game.
Burnley – A Closer Look:
Burnley is 1-1 on the season after upsetting Chelsea 3-2 away at Stamford Bridge in the first match and losing 1-0 at home to West Brom last week. They have three points with three goals for and three against and sit in 13th place on the table. Forward Sam Vokes leads the way offensively with a pair of league goals while defender Stephen Ward has the other. Burnley took on Blackburn Rovers away in the English League Cup on Wednesday and left town with a 2-0 win wrapped under their arms on first-half goals by Jack Cork and Robbie Brady.
Burnley manager Sean Dyche appears to have lucked out when it comes to injuries as midfielder Dean Marney is the only player named on the squad’s injury list. He’s expected to be back from knee surgery late in October or early in November. Burnley possessed the Premier League’s second-worst away record last year with just one win, four draws and 14 losses for seven points with 13 goals for and 35 against. Burnley has two wins, three losses and a draw in their past six competitive fixtures.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley – Our Takeaway:
- Tottenham struggles at Wembley and a loss here would be considered a disaster. Burnley would settle for a point though.
More bet365 Features:
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.