The USA hosts Costa Rica at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New jersey on Friday, September 1st in a crucial CONCACAF World Cup qualifying game. Mexico leads the group of six teams with 14 points followed by Costa Rica with 11, the USA at eight, Panama with seven, Honduras with five and Trinidad and Tobago with three points.
USA vs Costa Rica Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists USA as the favorites to win the game at 7/10 with Costa Rica 19/4 and a draw at 23/10
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
USA vs Costa Rica Odds – History Head to Head:
- These two sides are dead even after 20 meetings as each team has 15 wins, 15 defeats and five draws. They last met on July 22nd in the Gold Cup with the USA winning 2-0. Their last World Cup qualifying encounter was November 16th in Costa Rica with the home side thumping the Americans 4-0. Each team has four wins, four losses and a draw in the last nine meetings.
USA – A Closer Look:
The USA enters the group in third place with two wins, two draws and two losses while scoring 11 goals and allowing eight against. The team is unbeaten in its last 14 games in all competitions with nine wins and five draws. Their last World Cup qualifier was a 1-1 home draw with Mexico in June. The squad is currently managed by Bruce Arena with Michael Bradley of Toronto FC as the acting captain. Other key players are goaltenders Tim Howard and Brad Guzan along with forwards Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore.
The Americans are currently ranked 26th in the world by FIFA with their best rating being fourth in April of 2006 and their lowest being 36th in July of 2012. The USA played their first international in 1916 and has qualified for the World Cup 10 times since then. Their best showing was a third-place finish back in 1930. The nation has also hoisted the CONCACAF Championships/Gold Cup six times in its history, including this summer. The team has improved immensely over the past two decades as soccer continues to grow in the USA.
Costa Rica – A Closer Look:
Costa Rica appears to be in pretty good shape in the group entering this game. They have 11 points from three wins, two draws and a loss while scoring nine times and conceding four. Their last World Cup qualifying game took place on June 13th when they beat Trinidad and Tobago 2-1 at home. The team is hoping to reach a World Cup tournament for the fifth time in its history since making its international debut in 1921. Costa Rica’s best showing at a World Cup was a quarterfinal appearance in 2014.
The nation has won the CONCACAF Championships/Gold Cup three times and the Copa Centroamericana eight times. The squad is currently managed by Oscar Ramirez while Bryan Ruiz is the captain. FIFA currently ranks Costa Rica as the 21st-best team in the world. They were ranked as low as 93rd in July, 1996 and as high as 13th from February to March of 2015. Costa Rica has four wins, three draws and a loss in their past eight games in all competitions. Their last outing was a 2-0 defeat to the USA in the Gold Cup in July.
USA vs Costa Rica Odds – Our Takeaway:
- This is a crucial game for both teams in the somewhat complicated CONCACAF qualifying system. The Americans lost their first two games and then turned things around by firing former manager Jurgen Klinsmann, replacing him with Bruce Arena, who’s now in his second stint as the boss. Nothing but a home win will be satisfactory for the rejuvenated USA squad and they definitely have the talent to do it.
More bet365 Features:
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.