The USA hopes to get its World Cup qualifying campaign back on track when the team hosts Honduras Avaya Stadium in San Jose, California this Friday, March 24th. With new manager Bruce Arena taking over from Jurgen Klinsmann, the Americans will be aiming for all three points in their third match of the third round. They enter the contest with no points after two games due to a pair of losses while Honduras had three points from a win and a loss.
World Cup Qualifying USA vs Honduras – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists the USA as the favorites to win the game at 4/9 with Honduras 8/1 and a draw at 14/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
USA vs Honduras – Head to Head:
- These teams have met 23 times in the past with the USA winning 16, losing three and drawing the other four. They have 12 wins, two losses and three draws at home and have five victories, two losses and a draw against Honduras in previous World Cup qualifying matches. The two nations last met in July of 2015 with the Americans winning 2-1 in a Gold Cup match at home. The U.S.is unbeaten in the last four meetings with three wins and a draw and has lost just twice in the last 14 games with a draw and 11 wins.
USA – A Closer Look:
The USA enters the game with two wins, two draws and two losses in their last six matches and is currently ranked number 30 in the world by FIFA. The USA has played twice with Arena back at the helm as manager and is unbeaten so far. They drew Serbia 0-0 on January 29th and then beat Jamaica 1-0 in Chattanooga, Tennessee on February 3rd. This is Arena’s second stint as the U.S. boss and his 72 wins are the most all-time for the men’s national team.
Arena has recalled forward Clint Dempsey of the Seattle Sounders to the squad for the game while Graham Zusi has replaced Fabian Johnson. In addition, playmaking midfielder Sacha Kljestan of the New York Red Bulls has been called up to replace the injured Bobby Wood and defender Matt Besler of Sporting Kansas City has been added to the 25-man squad.
Honduras – A Closer Look:
Honduras enters the game with three wins, a draw and two losses in their past six games and is currently ranked number 65 in the world by FIFA. Honduras just made it to the last round of World Cup Qualifying for the 2018 tournament in Russia by finishing a point ahead of Canada in Group A of the CONCACAF Semifinal Round. Honduras has played twice so far in the final round with both matches coming at home. They dropped a 1-0 decision to Panama back on November 11th and then beat Trinidad & Tobago 3-1 four days later.
Honduras then played in the Copa Centroamericana in Panama in January. This was the qualifier for the Gold Cup and the team went unbeaten in five games with four wins and a draw. They won the Central American event for the fourth time in the nation’s history with their performance. The Hondurans were then beaten 1-0 to Jamaica on February 16th in Houston and six day later were beaten 3-1 by Ecuador. Honduras has two draws in three away contests so far in the World Cup Qualifying campaign.
World Cup Qualifying USA vs Honduras – Takeaway:
The USA plays Panama four days after meeting Honduras and can get right back in the qualifying race by taking all six points. They’re currently at the bottom of the six-team group with no points. Costa Rica leads with six points followed by Mexico and Panama with four, Honduras with three and Trinidad & Tobago with none.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.